The Automotive industry is undergoing a massive wave of change. Your next car will be electric, connected, self-driving, and full of sensors.
At Fieldscale, we build a SaaS platform to support the ever-growing needs of the Auto-makers and create the apps that will make your future car possible. Our mission is to empower engineers to create the best products they can, at the highest speed possible. Our apps enable engineering teams to achieve efficient collaboration and full automation because every engineer can operate them at every stage of the product development.
How we do that? We build our platform with cutting-edge technology and the best user experience in the world. Do you want to play your part in the future of the automotive industry? Do you want to do work that matters?
Then it is time to join our team! We are looking for super-talented people to help us enable Auto-makers to build the car of the future.
We’re looking for an Application Engineer to join our team and contribute to consulting prospective and existing customers. You will be interacting with engineers and decision makers working in top Automotive suppliers who shape the car of the future. If you are passionate about electronic components and have exceptional communication skills, then we will love to talk with you!
This is an exciting role where you will have the opportunity to collaborate with scientists and engineers with a diverse background from around the world. Over 90% of Fieldscale’s team consists of Engineers with an MSc or a PhD in electrical, mechanical, software and computer engineering. By joining Fieldscale, you will be building the next-generation apps which are shaping the future of how hardware products are developed by the Automotive and other industries.
As an Application Engineer at Fieldscale, you will be primarily responsible for:
- Actively participating in the sales process by identifying prospective customer's needs and how our products can support them.
- Providing exceptional customer support by handling feedback, resolving issues and proposing solutions.
- Ensuring that existing customers are successful with our products and get the most value.
- Maintaining professional technical relationships with key stakeholders from existing customers to detect process changes and new needs.
- Acting as an expert who can help the customer achieve their goals using our products.
- Creating technical scenarios, test cases and any other technical resources required to support the sales process.
- Delivering online and on-site technical presentations to prospective customers.
- Traveling to customer’s location to discuss about their process, understand their bottlenecks, provide insights, and discuss technical aspects.
- Attending industry events to network with potential customers.
You must have the following:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge and understanding of electromagnetic field theory.
- Excellent communication, human relations and negotiation skills.
- Ability to deliver projects and answer inquiries on time.
- Ability to work independently without much direction.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.
- Self-starter and willing to learn.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time to customer’s location and to industry events.
You get a strong plus if you have one or more of the following
- 1+ years experience in a relevant sales engineer, application engineer, or customer support role.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of CAD software.
- Knowledge of simulation software (e.g, ANSYS, COMSOL, CST).
- Fluency in several languages.
- Competitive salary above market rate.
- Access to our employee stock options plan.
- Access to continuously evolving perks and benefits.
- Flexible working hours.
- A great work environment with free beverages and snacks.
- The best hardware and software you need to do your job.
- Central office location with access to cafes and restaurants.
- Be part of shaping the future of how hardware products are developed by the Automotive and other industries.